Thursday, February 01, 2007

Chainring

I finished the chainring modification. I welded some little spacers on the backside of the middle ring, then clamped the small ring to the front side and drilled through the whole stack at once. Then I moved the small ring to the backside and riveted it in place.

After primer, flat black paint, and reassembly I realized that I needed to rock the shifter back just a little more so it would have enough range to cover the difference in sizes of gears. So I heated the tube with a propane torch, stuck a larger drift (punch) inside the tube and used a cargo strap to winch it rearward, so the shifter dropped a little lower. It was a crude operation, but since I planned it well, and measured carefully, things went smoothly. I can't wait to ride it again. Just a few more changes first.

Jack

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home