Monday, January 08, 2007


This weekend I replaced the idler gear in the tension side of the chain with a skate sheel. Actually, it's a 3.8" wheel from a Razor scooter. I chucked it up in the grinder as suggested here, and sharpened an old screw driver to cut the groove. It worked like a charm, but the melting rubber smell was disguting even with the garage open. I also did away with the return side idlers, and replaced them with a tube. During comparison tests in the repair stand, I noticed quite a bit of drag coming from them all, and I never did like the vibration. The new chain controls seem to make a huge difference in both issues.




Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home