Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Seat Work

I finished the seat back modification. I trimmed 3.5" off the top of the seat back and welded on a new cross piece. I picked up two more yards of Phifertex to make a new cover. They were out of black, so I finally settled for dark blue.

The under seat steering has brought one new problem. When the upper side of the chain is under tension and the largest gear is selected on the rear wheel, the chain links lightly tap the under side of the handle bars. I'm going to fix this by lowering the blue skate wheel pulley about 1/2 inch. It's not a major problem, but it means another couple of evenings spent cutting, fitting and welding.

I went to the beach this week with the whole family. It was a good time for everyone. I've also spent about 18 hours working at a very busy fireworks booth. I am truly looking forward to a day of rest for the 4th.

God Bless America,
Jack

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home