Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hubs Completed

Since the wheels for the front of the trike originally had coaster brakes, I needed to adapt them for a rotor. To make an adapter, I cut a donut from 1/8" thick steel, and drilled holes to match the rotors that I got as part of a complete kit from Bike Nashbar. I welded the donuts onto the hub flange that used to hold a sprocket.

I reused parts from the old wheels to build up the axles, then assembled them into the hubs.
Here's the outside of the completed wheel.
And the inside, or the brake side, of the wheel.
Jack

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home