Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Bike Project

I'm building a recumbent bike. It's a short wheel base one, using my old mountain bike for parts. I wanted to learn to weld, so I bought a mig welder, practiced welding scraps together for a while, then started chopping up the bike. I've always wanted to try a recumbent, as I really love bikes, so what better project to practice welding on?

I'm just about done with the main parts of the frame, as you can see. I still need to add tabs for attaching the rear brake, a couple of chain managing pulleys, and build the seat and handlebars. Then it's test ride and adjustment time. I'll finally disassemble it completely for a paint job. It's been a real education designing this thing. Besides, it gives me an excuse to be in the garage for hours on end.

I added a few guy links to the right column. I'll add more later, maybe break them up by category.

Jack

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home